Saturday, April 28, 2007

Some responses to the BABY Lessons....


Loves,
Thanks for all of your delightful words in response to my wanting-a-baby-writing. Here are some additional "lessons" that I thought you all might appreciate. They are from: My NCHS classmate, Colleen; sister Katie; cousin Jill; and another classmate, Jennifer.
I laughed my a-- off reading the original Lesson List sent by my sister-in-law, Emily.... But you all have some GREAT additional ones that I believe could be added to this.......
Giggles and Big Love,
Melissa
...........................................................................
Hilarious!
You forgot about the part where your semi potty trained child poops on
the kitchen floor, panics, runs through the poop, through the living
room, up the stairs, and into the bathroom, leaving little poop foot
prints in his wake while screaming "MOMMY, I POOP!!! I POOP!!! HELP
ME!! I POOP!!!"
Oh yeah, and it's 3 hours before you host book club...you have scones
in the oven and you still have to finish cleaning the family room and
reading the book.
That happened to me a couple of months ago. Thank GOD for carpet
shampooers and percoset.
Colleen
.........................................................
after reading that, i don't think either of us should have kids until
a drug company has a complete newborn to adult mood and behavior
modifier. if successful i will then defrost our eggs and get us both
knocked up! hahahha

love you tons and tons.
kate
......................................................

Add this one,

Take all the loose change in Brendan's mom's (Grandma Marie's) cup holder and stick each one sneakily into the gear-shift slot - one, by one, by one, until they are gone.... Now, the car will not stay in park, or drive or reverse until you pay the Audi Repair Man $276.00. Who read about that one in "Parenting 101"?

- thank you, Brendan Timmer Teehan, two Christmases ago in Del Mar, CA

You have time and when the time is right, you will be ready.

xoxo
Jill
.............................
Ok, I am going to throw my 2 cents in here for what it is worth. I need to take a break from working on this pension spreadsheet! My neck is killing me. On kids, I have to tell you, they are the light of your life. Here's a funny story for you along with telling you how darn BIG I was....

When I was pregnant with my 2nd one, I was getting out of the shower when my oldest walked in (get used to having NO privacy with kids) and he looked at me and said "Mommy, take the baby out for a minute so I can see him". I explained that it doesn't work that way. He said "Just for a minute mommy, then you can put him back in". He's saying this as he is trying to spread my stomach apart thinking there is just this cool little zipper I can undo to get him out. I explained again that it doesn't work that way. He stands there looking so cute staring at me, then takes his small hand, reaches around and pats my fat a@@ and goes..."Do you have one in there too mommy?". At that point I told him NO I don't and please go in the other room and play with his toys!

Kids will make you cry, make you laugh, make you pull your hair out, but most of all, they will fill your heart liked it's never been filled before. You are such a wonderful, loving and giving person that I know children are in your future. Your husband is just out there waiting for you when you least expect it. Don't give up! I'm praying for you.


Jennifer
............................

No comments: