Saturday, August 30, 2008

On McCain's Introductory Speech of VP Running Mate Palin...

I went looking for John McCain's words today introducing his running mate... Here's the You Tube version:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx4XaE9v-pk

I like these words of his a lot. They stand out to me:

"I could only choose one person...I have found the right partner.
Someone to stand up to those who value their privileges over their responsibilities, who put power over principle, who put their interests before your needs..."

The mere acknowledgment of current leadership that has put privilege before the responsibilities to SERVE ALL PEOPLE, is gigantic for my ears, and heart, and is a step into the arena to SEE one of the elephants that's been standing in the room of our country's woes, and our current administration's sad failings....Not being for ALL PEOPLE in its policies...!?!

I hear McCain working to separate himself from the past 8 years of Bush:
[My running mate should be] someone standing up to special interests....and entrenched beauraucracies...failed policies of the past...
Someone who has fought against corruption...
Someone with executive experience...

A running mate who can best help me shake up Washington....

Someone to stand on your side, not in your way...

AMEN!

Now: to listen and assess McCain and Palin's capacity to really SEE and BE at ground level where people are, where not just the wealthy exist, but the poor, the disenfranchised, the middle class, the uninsured...

This is where McCain will want to be in great touch...I hope that he can also see the connectedness of poverty and silenced voices at home, with the poverty and silenced people that are at the heart of terrorism....They are one and the same. What we overlook here, breeds the same kind of terror and perpetuation that exists abroad..

Executive experience?
Fighting corruption?
Shaking up Washington?
Stand on my side?

Questions for my research and watching this next week....
I am not in a place to overlook anything where military policy and continued funding of the war machinery is, but I am trying to meet McCain in St. Paul, my home , with a welcome and loving attitude -- especially as he presents himself as one who wants to stand on my side, and be my president...

Who is Melissa's president? (Who is yours?)
Peace,
Melissa

No comments: