Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Goethe on Commitment...


I've been walking around with a kind of headache today. A lack of sleep I think.
Lots racing through my brain at night. Keeping me up. Tossing things. Thinking.
About what's next.
Projects.
Love.
Relationships.
Students.
Art.
Ceremony.
Tours.
Productions.
Travel.
I wonder about who is going to be involved, at the table, where the resources will come from.
All of that.
I know about abundance, grace, joy. And I'm pretty certain commitment is something I don't shy away from. Getting this quote today from my new friend Trish, the woman organizing my next JOURNEY -- to Trinidad!-- is a lovely gift.

Umm, did I share with you all that I'm heading to Trinidad in November?

Anyway, Goethe's words here are powerful, resonant, reassuring in spite of my headache!

I am excited by the idea of how things MOVE, align, progress, when we COMMIT ourselves. How - what Goethe calls, "Providence," moves, or stirs something at perhaps our molecular level...I LOVE the line about how material assistance which NO ONE could EVER DREAM OF!! shows up!
This guy had some faith in the universe!

Enjoy the passage. Don't shy away from any decisions or commitments you might be wrestling with!
Love,
Melissa

................................................


"Until one is committed there is always hesitancy,
the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness,
concerning all acts of initiative and creation,
there is one elementary truth,
the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans.

The moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help that would never otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events issues from the decision,
raising to one's favor all manner of unforeseen accidents and meetings
and material assistance which no man could have dreamed
would come his way.

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."

Goethe

No comments: